Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Freaking Cheap Hops

So, I woke up this morning and checked craigslist for home brew stuff, I found this guy selling "farm direct hops for $0.29 an ounce." I was a little skeptical, but I called anyway.
I talked to the guy for a little bit on the phone and realized his farm is only like 25 miles away, so I headed on out.
When I got to the farm, I had to decide which of the run down "white" sheds it was that I was supposed to meet the guy at. I finally found it and went in and began shooting the breeze with the guy. In between VERY colorful language and hop business talk, I told the guy what I wanted.
The first order was for 3 pounds of cascade. He kept talking and scooping until he was at around 4ish pounds, then he sealed it up and tossed it in my box and asked what was next. Next was 2 pounds nugget. After tossing in 4 lbs he said, "I don't want to put this open bag away, do you want it?" I looked at the bag that had around 5-8 lbs and said, "ummmmmmm, yes."
The same sort of stuff went on and this is what I came out with.
Seriously, if there is anyone reading this blog. CALL THIS GUY! He will hook you up. Do me a favor though, tell him Randy sent you. I'm trying to weasel my way into more free hops :)


No comments:

Post a Comment