Sunday, January 8, 2012

Te-Boner IPA

This is (sort of) the same Workhorse clone recipe as before, but I watched Timmy Tebro as I brewed (sorry for the crude name, but come on...how awesome is that guy?) so I dedicated the batch to him. First time brewing with my new quick disconnects from bargainfittings.com. I also got two more taps from kegco through amazon.com.


Since amarillo is no longer available I decided to go with citra, they're pretty similar so I think it'll taste the same. Also, I upped the base grain by a pound. Aside from that, everything's the same.

Ingredients:
Grain:
Ingredients:
Grain:

 14.5 lbs GW 2-row
1 lbs GW Crystal 40L
1 lbs Carapils


Hops:
1.5 oz Columbus @ 60
1.5 oz Citra @20
1 oz Cascade @5
1.5 oz Northern Brewer @0
.5 oz Columbus Dry Hopped for 7 days
.5 oz Citra Dry Hopped for 7 days
.5 oz Northern Brewer Dry Hopped for 7 days
.5 oz Cascade Dry Hopped for 7 days

Yeast:
Wyeast 1968 London ESB


Water:
5.3 Gallons strike @ 165

3 Gallons batch sparge @175


Extra:
Whirfloc Tablet @20

Yeast Nutrient @20

Notes:
1-8-2012--I really like my quick disconnects. Super glad I shelled out the money for these things. No more switching hoses or tightening hose clamps. Gravity came in at right around 1.070.

1 comment: