Thursday, August 30, 2012

Blueberry Steam Ale


I Have been brewing some old favorites lately and I don't see any reason to log beers unless I change the recipe.
That being said.....and don't mock me, I'm making a blueberry steam ale. Steam ales are lagers that are fermented at ale temps. But that's not the embarrassing part. I normally am not into fruity beers and I would have mocked someone for brewing a blueberry beer too, but I'm telling you this stuff is legit! I had it (alongside a peanut butter porter) at brewbrothers and I was blown away.

Grain:
5lbs GW 2row
2lbs GW Pilsen
3lbs GW Munich
1lbs Aromatic
(going from memory, I'm pretty sure I'm missing something)

Hops:
1.12 oz cascade @60
.2 oz cascade @0

Yeast:
Wyeast 2352 Munich lager II

Extra:
1/2 bottle blueberry syrup stuff in keg/secondary

2 comments: